Monday, August 3, 2009

Upcoming Shows: Pterodactyl, Marnie Stern + more

TONIGHT! Monday, August 3

Stupid Party @ Cake Shop | LES, Manhattan
I just reviewed Stupid Party. They are ridiculously awesome and you should go check them out. [MySpace]


TOMORROW! Tuesday, August 4

Los Campesinos! @ Webster Hall | East Village, Manhattan
I love this band and their exuberant, youthful pop music. But I'd say, wait until they play a less awful venue.


Thursday, August 6

Darlings @ Cameo | Williamsburg, Brooklyn
Another of those bands I just reviewed (actually at that same show). I think this band is genuinely insane, and I love them. [MySpace]

Marnie Stern @ Santos Party House | Chinatown, Manhattan
Unless I'm much mistaken, Marnie Stern, that bad-ass guitar master whose 2008 album deserves "instant classic" status, will be playing at Santos. [MySpace]


Friday, August 7

Pterodactyl + That Ghost, The Fucking Ocean @ Death By Audio | Williamsburg, Brooklyn
Pterodactyl is easily one of the best bands in Brooklyn right now. Their high-speed math-punk (I guess that's what to call it) is fascinating and captivating. I have heard of That Ghost and the Fucking Ocean and don't know much, but I know I like Fucking Ocean's name and have been meaning to check them out. So, I will blindly recommend them as well, since you're already going to be at DBA for Pterodactyl (Pterodactyl!!!!!!!). [Ptero MySpace]


Saturday, August 8

Sundelles, Wild Yaks @ Public Assembly | Williamsburg, Brooklyn
| $15 (benefit!)

Benefit gigs are super nice. This one helps a school in Uganda. Sundelles are pretty cool lo-fi garage rock with 50's/60's-worthy melodies. Wild Yaks are not the greatest thing ever, but they are solid indie rock and well-beloved. [Sundelles MySpace] [WY MySpace]

No comments: